one serving of the Slimming World-friendly Minced Beef Pease Pudding Pie:
- of which sugars: 8g
- of which saturated fat: 3g
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 500g extra lean minced beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 400g canned mushy peas
- 800g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat spread
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Add the minced beef and cook until browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, canned chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, dried mixed herbs, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water until tender. Drain and mash with the skimmed milk and low-fat spread until smooth.
- Spray a deep ovenproof dish with low-calorie cooking spray. Spoon the beef mixture into the dish and spread it out evenly. Top with the mushy peas and then the mashed potatoes, spreading them out to cover the filling.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving.