Craving the delightful flavors of a quiche, but finding yourself without a crust? Picture this: a tantalizing blend of fluffy eggs, vibrant vegetables, and a hint of savory goodness, all atop a single tortilla. Indulge in the goodness of diced red bell peppers, sautéed onions, and a generous portion of fresh spinach. The moment you lay your eyes on the halved cherry tomatoes delicately scattered across the quiche, your cravings will reach new heights.
Best of all, this slimming sensation won’t weigh you down. With the power of wholesome ingredients and smart choices, you can enjoy this guilt-free delight. Nourish your body while indulging your senses—it’s a win-win situation!
Calories: Approximately 250-300 calories per serving (1/4 to 1/6 of the quiche)
Fat: Approximately 12-15 grams
Carbohydrates: Approximately 18-22 grams
Protein: Approximately 12-15 grams
Fiber: Approximately 3-5 grams
Additionally, the nutritional content can be adjusted by using low-fat cooking methods (such as using cooking spray instead of oil) and opting for whole wheat or low-calorie tortillas.
open-faced Slimming World quiche with the following instructions:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium-sized tortilla (whole wheat or low-calorie)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray or a little oil for greasing
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Lay the tortilla on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a non-stick pan, sauté the diced onion and red bell pepper until softened. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the sautéed vegetables evenly over the tortilla, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the vegetables, ensuring they are evenly distributed.
- Arrange the cherry tomato halves on top of the quiche mixture.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set and the edges of the tortilla are golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove the quiche from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.