Skip to content
- Slice your large tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, onions and garlic and lay them out on baking trays.
- Season the large tomatoes with dried oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the fresh basil over the cherry tomatoes.
- Spray both trays with low calorie cooking spray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Transfer both pans into a saucepan and add the vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Remove the soup from the hob and allow to cool slightly before blending until smooth.
- Reheat as needed and serve with some fresh basil and a crack of pepper.